Canva is a freemium online graphics tool that’s utilizes lots of templates and is extremely simple to use. A Web-based platform that enables small to large businesses to create customizable graphs, prints and presentation slides with professional layouts, templates, frames, voice icons and more.. The robust platform provides a easy way to create visuals a great tool for those unskilled in the area of graphic design for your social media. These social media graphics are created to give those on social media an extra push to click on the content being presented them.
How to get started
You sign up (either with Google+ or an email address) and then just follow the breadcrumbs. Canva will prompt you to choose what type of graphic you’re trying to create, then be suggesting various template visuals for you.
Just bear in mind that you’ll need to pay to unlock some of the elements. The limitation is normally in terms of number of template, images, storage space and support.
Those who opt for a paid account will unlock more features, plus access to what Canva claims is a database of 300,000 images. It can also help you resize your designs. Other highlights include the acceptance of custom fonts, color palettes and the ability to save templates.
- Free account could be adequate especially if you use your images
- Instant professionally looking graphics that could be downloaded in various format such as pdf, png etc
- Very simple to use such as drag-and-drop, so adding, removing, and editing elements on your canvas is almost a no-brainer
- Integrated with stock photo image bank
- You can start a freelancing business using the business account where you design graphics for those who are not good with designing graphics.
- Limited functionality for the free account
- No alignment tools
- Images may take long to load.
- Complex pieces of design is still a reserve of premium software such as Photoshop
Canva is an amazing tool especially for beginners and can come in handy for professionals too. Experienced designers may even use the site as an site for inspiration. So if you do not have the skill, finance to buy premium software or just want to create social media beautiful designs really fast then canva is a great choice.